Author Topic: A lot of found problems  (Read 2471 times)

markiemuis

• View Profile
A lot of found problems
« on: September 03, 2015, 08:23:11 PM »
Hello,

I am a user that never seems to find a good solution except for a PC beside the TV-press.
I now have a Cood-E.

After hours and hours testing my problems:
- Every 2 days the device needs to be hard rebooted (unplug the power) because it can't find any of my network movies anymore
- What can i do with the webbrowser? Absolutely nothing. Not with safari, IE, Mozilla..... just a few buttons but no functions behind them...?
- Adding a folder on a Windows Server was not a problem. With the video's I nicely got the question if I wanted it to be scanned by an internet movie database. this looked very nice with all the information and background images. However; I have a lot of buffering issues which is very strange because it's a BIG server with fast disks etc. I noticed that on my synology-server I did not have this problem, so I wanted to add the video folder there via uPNP (instead of Windows SMB share in the first case). Now I don't get the question anymore for the internet movie database search, so no pictures, no info, no nothing! Why is there a difference???
- I also tried to clear the database because I moved all my movies from the windows server to the synology server. I CANNOT delete the old database in any way! I deleted the added windows share and i got the question ' do you want to clean up the database'? I said yes and it takes a while, but when I go to movies; There they still all are.
I just can't get this right. Very frustrating. How can this be an issue with software which is already so long around.

please help cood-e people. I know it's new, but on a PC this all works fine. (and i am an IT-administrator)

Mark
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 08:25:28 PM by markiemuis »

tuk

• View Profile
Re: A lot of found problems
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 12:31:02 AM »
Hi! I'm just another user trying to help out :)

- Did you connect the Cood-E wired or wireless?
- Why did you expect a media streaming device to have a fully functional browser? It's simply not part of its functionality imo.
- I also use SMB shares on my Windows PC without any problems and/or buffering. Starting a movie is near instant. Buffering is always a problem of network connectivity (or a slow host, but that doesn't seem to be the case).
- About the video folder not showing info from the online database; on your Cood-E, highlight the folder that contains movies and click the Menu-button on the remote (3 stripes button). Click Edit Source and click Save. Now the window about the content should pop up and you can set it.
- Clearing the video database is easy: go to Settings -> Video -> Library -> Clean Library
If you don't see these settings, press Left Arrow key on your remote when you are in the Settings -> Video menu, and set Settings Level to Advanced or Expert.

Hope this helps :)

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 08:52:37 AM »
I Should activate a karma system for users like tuk :D
oeps, i just did, +1 for tuk helping other users :)

Regarding the Markiemuis,

- Like tuk said, Wi-Fi or Wired? we have no issue's with this and been testing alot, do you have a static IP Adres on the PC?

- Webbrowser not supported as its a Media Streamer, all of these are blocked, we want to make sure the COOD-E software working perfect as its based on KODI opensource software, we only provide access to KODI, as the device has been designed for KODI use only.

- This is also a part of opensource KODI, upnp is limited, it always was, it always been, i would suggest to use NFS as this can provide a higher stream speed, please setup the NAS also for NFS, and try it with this, lets see if there has been any improvement, but i have been streaming with 110mbit files, no problem at all, so i would think there is something in the network that is causing this buffer issue.

- Like tuk said: Clearing the video database is easy: go to Settings -> Video -> Library -> Clean Library

Seeing your name, i'm guessing your from the Netherlands, there is a phone number on the back of the giftbox, if any questions, call us, we can provide dutch and english support, as COOD-E is designed by dutchies :)
Don't forget to smile everyday.

tuk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 03:03:54 PM »
:) thanks!
Cool, i didn't know Cood-E was Dutch! So am i, and a lot if not all users on this forum i suppose :D

markiemuis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 05:20:50 PM »
Hello,

Yes I'm Dutch and I already saw that Cood-E is that too ;)

Fot the probmens:
- Connected gigabit wired
- I don't except a los of a webbrowser on a media player indeed, but because there IS one I decided to look, but ..... it's totally useless! That's why I had that question.
- If I add a device via uPNP I CANNOT tell the folder that it's a VIDEO folder. If I add an SMB share I CAN. That's my biggest problem. Clicking on the 3 lines gives me a shorter menu with uPNP then with SMB devices. Try for yourself.
Also if I try to add NFS devices then that exact menu comes back after a few seconds. It doesn't so anything (and YES on my Synology NSf is activated), on all 4 actually)
Clearing the videodatabase worked indeed as tuk had suggested. It still is strange that it works only from here and not in the libraby function its self (because the function is there) and from the video list where the function is also available.........

I've moved everything back to my dataservers instead of the Synology because if I try to add the Synology videofolder via SMB i get an 'unknown error'................ :( !! (This would have solved all my problems!)

Mark

geertmustang

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 12:45:23 PM »
Dan doe ik het zo maar even.
Ik had voor de Cood-E een raspberry pi, en als ik in windows verkenner het ip adres hiervan intoetste, kon ik deze benaderen, en op deze manier simpel een zip bestand plaatsen zonder dat hier een usb stick aan te pas kwam.
Dit lukt me met de Cood-E niet. Dan kom ik ook een in internet explorer venster terecht met een scherm wat er uitziet als een afstandsbediening.
Wordt dit misschien bedoeld?

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 01:25:17 PM »
@Geertmustang

Please open up a new topic, now you replied on a topic of someone else, with a other question.
its confusing for other users

Gr, Jeremy
Don't forget to smile everyday.

markiemuis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 02:59:19 PM »
Hello,

It's been a while. SMB+Synology+automatic video covers are stilla problem, but i've worked it around with my databaseserver... That works with SMB.

What pretty much is very annoying is that when I add movies to the folder, and sometimes delete them, I can only choose to 'rescan the libraby' function in system configuration.
It's sees all the new movies which is great, but it doesn't take out what I have deleted.... Can't I simply(!) do a rescan for added AND deleted files/folders/movies?

tuk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 09:29:37 AM »
You can, and this has been discussed before. Go to Settings -> Video -> Library and hit 'Clean library'.

aln

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2015, 10:46:54 AM »
you can also download an addon from the fusion repository which is called "fresh start". this will set kodi to factory settings.

tuk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2015, 12:06:03 PM »
Uhm, why would he want to do that? :) He just wants to clean the video library...