Author Topic: latest update.  (Read 6064 times)

dabba

• View Profile
latest update.
« on: January 20, 2016, 06:27:54 PM »
Just would like to ask before I update, is there a 'best method' to do this? and also what is the best way to clear any cache please?

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
Re: latest update.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 10:23:26 PM »
Hey Dabba  8),

Your COOD-E TV will prompt for the new update after boot-up.
(Make sure to be connected trough Wi-Fi or Ethernet).

You can also search manual for the update.
Go to Homescreen -> System (ON TOP) -> Check for updates -> NEW VERSION
Or go trough -> Settings -> General -> Other -> Check for updates -> NEW VERSION

Just select online update and confirm download and confirm to install when or if coode box will asked you..

After coode has installed the firmware you will notice its still saying kodi 14 1 Helix is installed instead of 15.2 isengard but the firmware version says V1.2.5.
Dont panic and just go to coode settings (the menu where you also can change resolution like 1080p and 720p etc. And there you can do a factory reset.
Reset your coode  box and after its done and has restarted you will see Kofi 15.2. Is up and running. 

I know the devolepers didn't mentioned anything about doing a factory reset but trust me and just reset your box ..

greets Coert
Believe in yourself because if you don't no one does..!!

dabba

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 11:41:37 AM »
many thanks for advice, Cood-e did not show prompt for update, but found it as you described and it now shows 1.2.5,  I can not see the kodi setting either 14.1 or 15.2 anywhere? I did the factory reset so now have no addons, I did not have many to start with and most would not load or mentioned error see log?
now I am starting from scratch, I would like to know what and how to add please.   

dabba

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 05:40:48 PM »
I've located 15.2 on the system info page, just need some advice for the rest please. 

aquerido

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 09:11:27 AM »
Dear Dabba,

I believe you're having issues on how to install addons, right?
Check the wiki page below
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-ons

Fortunately, Kodi has wikis for everything.  :)

Regards,
Art

aquerido

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 09:20:19 AM »
Cheers, guys.

So, my experience with the new update hasn't been that perfect, but it's ok.
Isengard is installed, 15.2, no question about it.  ::)
I've had to perform a factory reset and reinstall everything (addons, librarys, whatever).
Seems a bit laggy to me, much more than 14.1, but I'll give it some time. Fanart displays very slowly at first, but once it's in the cache, it's ok. Some addons don't work like they used to, but that's because you may still have the Helix version of those. Keep them updated and you'll be fine.  8)
To my discontent, IPTV Simple PVR client is not working any more. Addon cannot be loaded. I've perfomed 2 more resets, uninstalled and installed it again and it's still not working. I've ran out of ideas... :'(
Appart from that, I'll keep you posted for any other issues I may encounter.

Regards,
Art

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 10:27:26 AM »
Hey,

Well aguerido (couldn't you choose a easer name haha every time I have to check if I'm writing it correct 8)
I have to agree with (here we go again  :P ) aquerido  8)
The GUI isn't running smooth and sometimes its really laggy... And 15.2 is normally very smooth.. But OK it lags but it works so its a cosmetic imperfection its not the end of the world..

aquerido

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 10:34:55 AM »
Hey, mate.

No worries...just call me Art. My full name is much bigger, trust me.   :)
Glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing these lags. What about IPTV Simple client, have you tried it yourself?

Regards,
Art (see? much easier)

dabba

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 11:44:16 AM »
I'm trying to install kodimaster, looks like i should be able go to system, file manager, add source, type in http.etc which I can do but when I select done nothing happens, the screen shows at the top File Manager Root. in the left section, profile directory and under add source this is repeated on the right hand of page also, when I choose add scource with correct address unable to do so, help please.   

aquerido

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 11:50:26 AM »
Dear Dabba,

Watch this video and try to follow the instructions:
https://youtu.be/mtlyb1jdieM

Regards,
Art

dabba

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 01:10:13 PM »
Thanks for the help Art, getting somwhere now, I've got to downloading kodi wizard, got to 53% in 45 mins, not in a rush so fine with me, very much appreciate the help     

aquerido

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 02:59:13 PM »
No worries, mate.
Just take your time since these things usually take a while.
And just ask away, whenever you're in doubt.  ;)

Regards,
Art

Leoje

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2016, 07:28:25 AM »
Mine was very laggy too.
So, i've made a full factory reset. Like in this post:
http://forum.cood-e.com/index.php?topic=25.0
Now my kodi is amazing. Very fast, without lags, uge performance compared to 14.1
I've already solve my problem with autosubs script and keymap addon. With Isengard i cannot remap volume+ and volume-, others remote buttons work fine with new remap.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 03:52:13 PM by Leoje »

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2016, 12:49:05 PM »
We all did a factory reset because that was needed to complete the update process so we all started with a clean install ....but..!!! After installing add dons etc..and after using 15.2 coode firmware for a few days it really really lags and isn't feeling as smooth as I should be ..

Greets Coert

sirwimpyix

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2016, 08:44:20 AM »
We all did a factory reset because that was needed to complete the update process so we all started with a clean install ....but..!!! After installing add dons etc..and after using 15.2 coode firmware for a few days it really really lags and isn't feeling as smooth as I should be ..

Greets Coert
I can also confirm that mine is a bit laggy too. Did a factory reset and started from a scratch but still seems to me much less responsive that it was before the update to 1.2.5.  :(

Fanarts are loading slowly, and seeking forward and backward during playback is also way tooooo slow.

I still hope the developers can polish these few things soon. COOD-E is a good box but these minor bugs don't really help to get more customers...