Author Topic: Change your Cood-e box in to a Android Box !!! (Install Isengard manually Guide)  (Read 5534 times)

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
Download confluance ++ skin and use it.
There you can download play store install it and log in with Google account.
In playstore download and Install ES File explorer and
download and install apex launcher.
Now when you press the home button on the remote you can choose between launcher , choose apex.
In apex launcher you can do anything you used to be with android and also enter the internet browser ..
There you go and search for SPMC 15.0 for android ARM (its a community build of Kodi ( it says 15.0 but its 15.2 )
After downloading SPMC from the website open ES file explorer and look for the download of SPMC install it.
You can run SPMC along side the Cood-e build.
Also in the app list of your apex launcher you see a special settings icon that will open the special cood-e setting so you will will be able to switch between 24hz 50hz and 60hz and controls all the other settings from the coode menu..

Also you will now be able to go in all the android settings in setting menu and if you want you can select apex as a standaart launcher so it will boot in android every time you start your coode box this way you'll have a android TV box instead of only the coode media streamer..

Hope I explained it in a easy way because I'm not so good in English I'm from the Netherlands so English isn't my native language..
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 09:23:43 PM by Coert »
Believe in yourself because if you don't no one does..!!

tuk

• View Profile
Thank you for this guide! Is it still valid now that KODI 16.0 has been released? Or did you write some other tips/guide for getting this box to work quicker? Maybe including the init.d and CPU governer stuff? :D

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
Hi,

Installing the spmc version described above can still be applied but if I where you I would just instal kodi 16.0 stable... All know Cood-e bugs fixed (most of the bugs weren't even in the standard kodi verrsion to begin with)

Install apex launcher,
Open settings (Android  settings menu),
Apps,
Select Kodi,
Delete Kodi,(Cood-e version)
Go to playstore,
Install Kodi (16.0 is downloadable in play store)

And that's it
Your warranty is now void.

Please Read entire Post . . . . . .

Disclaimer . . .

*Remember That rooting and/or altering device can be dangerous to Your Devices .
I take no responsibility for any damages that can happen to your Device.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.

*Please do some research if you have any concerns about your level of experience.

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to these modifications,
* and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

mdvn3306

• View Profile
If you were to do this and delet the cood-e version of Kodi. Is a firmware update (when ever it may come) still possible by the developers at cood-e.

Don't really want to void warranty just yet (only got the box 2 months ago).

Was also wondering if any other versions other than SPMC would work without bricking the device?

wortel87

• View Profile
Well.

Why would you lose your warranty? If you install a different version of windows on your pc you still have your warranty.

Aslong as the defect has nothing to do with you rooting or installing different software. They must fix or replace your device under warranty.

Same goes for rooting your phone. If your speaker is broken , your screen is busted or your jackplug doesnt work. You still have your warranty.

They will probably hide behind their terms. But legally they have to fix it.

mrhitman

• View Profile
Hi Coert

I really appriciate your Work.

I tried to install a clean version of Kodi, but I ran into some problems.

1) installed SuperRepo
2) From SuperRepo I installed Confluence++ (Helix)
3) Logged into Google Play Store
4) Downloaded and installed Apex Launcher
5) In Android desktop, I went to Settings -> Apps -> Kodi

I couldn't uninstall Kodi, only "force stop" and "delete data"
After that I went to Google Store and tried to install Kodi Again, but it will not install

Any ideas? Do I need to root the device? 

Gregory.K

• View Profile
You can't and you shouldn't uninstall the cood-e kodi version.
You can't also install the playstore kodi as it has the same namespace and uses the same data path.

You can install this forked version http://spmc.semperpax.com/ (from playstore also).
From my experience, so far, it doesn't solve that much of the problems I encountered. Dropped and skipped frames persist (SMB > ethernet > kodi h.264&h.265).

By the way, have you updated the firmware to the latest version? If so, you shouldn't use the Confluence++ (Helix). You are on Kodi 15 now. Use the Confluence skin provided with the cood-e firmware and check what SuperRepo have you installed (Isengard and not Helix).

wortel87

• View Profile
No you CAN uninstall de cood-e "kodi" version.

Use wukong remote.

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
In android settings just uninstall kodi (coode) version and i
Install kodi (playstore)16.0 version and make sure u use apex launcher as standart launcher and you will be just fine..

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
Also set freq. Setting to 1080p 60hz and you will drop and skip some frames but dont see it in the picture because streaming is all smooth then..

sikkel1961

• View Profile
In android settings just uninstall kodi (coode) version and i
Install kodi (playstore)16.0 version and make sure u use apex launcher as standart launcher and you will be just fine..

Did it without the apex launcher ,works fine now and have a build named DOKI installed. Works SUPER .....
Thumbs Up