Author Topic: SMB "Error 2 Share not Available"  (Read 9205 times)

tuk

• View Profile
SMB "Error 2 Share not Available"
« on: August 17, 2015, 06:02:38 PM »
Hi!
I added some video sources (shared folders on my Windows 10 pc) to play content from. It worked fine, but yesterday suddenly i got the message that 'This content is no longer available' when i select a file to play it. I tried re-adding the folders, so i go to Files, Add source, Windows network (SMB) but when i click it, i immediately get the error "Error 2: share not available". I rebooted all devices (router, Cood-E and PC) but the problem persists. I googled around a bit and also tried manually adding a network source by using the IP-adress of my PC, but the connection just times out. I can see the shared folders and play content on other devices succesfully (tried on 2 laptops and 2 phones). I didn't change any network-related settings on both my PC and the Cood-E.

So i can't get the one thing i bought my Cood-E device for (stream content from my network) to work... :( Any ideas?

Update: tried soft-resetting the Cood-E again by pulling the power cable. After booting, the SMB shares worked fine again. So strange :S Why would this happen in the first place? And why is it suddenly fixed? What do i do when the problem returns? I can't use an unreliable streaming box... :(

Update 2: the fact that soft-resetting the Cood-E sometimes solves a problem shows that we really need a way to just fully restart the device from the menu! I don't want to blindly fiddle around in the back of the tv cabinet to find the Cood-E power cable each time i want to restart the device (which apparently is necessary every now and then). Please just give us an option to soft restart!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 06:53:55 PM by tuk »

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
Re: SMB "Error 2 Share not Available"
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 08:17:21 AM »
Hello Tuk,

We are checking into the soft reboot function to add in next update.
regarding sharing Win10.

it's a known issue for Win10 to have these sharing problems, we face this daily as complains, when clients use Win8.1 or Win7 there is no issue.

At the moment we have to wait on Microsoft to make a stable sharing function.
Please have some patient till they fixed it, we have no influence in this..
Don't forget to smile everyday.

tuk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 09:41:18 AM »
Hello Jeremy, thanks for your reply.
But why am i able to play from the same shared Win10-folders from 4 other devices (2 pc's and 2 android phones) without any problem, while the Cood-E gives me the error?

Note: the Cood-E TV gives the error right after i click the button to add a Windows Network Share. I don't even get to see the window where i can select the workgroup or server. Meaning: if i also share folders from my other Windows 7 laptop, i still can't add those as file sources to my Cood-E, because i get the same error...

P.s. good to hear you are considering a reboot function in the next update! :D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 12:14:09 PM by tuk »

yellowsub

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 04:14:35 PM »
https://youtu.be/tHXIMnzs-kM

check this maybe it will help this worked for me

tuk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 05:30:41 PM »
https://youtu.be/tHXIMnzs-kM

check this maybe it will help this worked for me

Thanks for the tip; i already tried it but it didn't work for me. Hard resetting does, though, so everytime i get the error nowadays i just pull the power plug and restart :)

gabriel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 09:25:03 PM »
Hi,

All my content is located on a Sinology NAS, through NFS. Sometimes I get this message too. Hard booting Cood-e solves this, but it it nos a long term solution...