Author Topic: MKV or other format from USB HD - Codec not supported Use passtrough - No sound  (Read 10312 times)

Louis1980

• View Profile
Today I bought a COOD-E box. In first instance I was satisfied. I tested a couple of movies from my external HD and it played everything (including the sound).

After I updated the system till version 1.2 and installed some Addons like Youtube. Between the updates and the installing of the addons something strange happened. When started a Movie I got the message (right under corner) Codec not supported, Use passtrough. The video plays well, but the sound stays away.

After that I tried to reset the COOD-E to factory settings (insert the cable while holding menu botton method), but the problem stays.

Help!

Thanks in advance.

p.s.:
-I also tried to set the sound settings to Enable Passtrough, unfortunately without result;
-In the Youtube addin the sound is playing;
-After the factory reset I see that the version of the firmware is still 1.2. Is it possible to downgrade this to 1.00, the version when I bought it?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 10:32:50 PM by Louis1980 »

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
Hi Louis1980,

Please find the Guide for passthrough here: http://forum.cood-e.com/index.php?topic=37.0
Because its based on KODI, it need some settings, its default off on KODI.

Please check it, should solve.

Gr, Jeremy
Don't forget to smile everyday.

Agil1ty

• View Profile
Have The exact same problem... Enabling passthrough like you stated, this did not help. I want to downgrade The machine to 1.1 now. Please fix it!!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 11:09:43 PM by Agil1ty »

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
Hello Agil1ty,

Your AMP/TV needs to support DOLBY/DTS to work with these files.

Gr, Jeremy

shockme

• View Profile
Exactly the same problem here as well!. Please explain why it was working before new version.. My TV and Audio are supporting everything, but audiotroughput don't work!

Or please provide the older firmeware in the meanwhile!

markiemuis

• View Profile
For me fixed now
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 11:58:11 AM by markiemuis »

shockme

• View Profile
how? what did you to fix it?

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
Hi Shockme,

Follow this guide for the passthrough enabling:
http://forum.cood-e.com/index.php?topic=37.0

Gr, Jeremy

markiemuis

• View Profile
Indeed, this works perfectly (for me). It's eat's every movie and with the AC3 on my Yamaha receiver clicks on to STRAIGHT mode. Nice!!

I'm very happy.

Dirkjan

• View Profile
Does not work here. I did the pass trough enabling steps.

My audio equipment (LG NB4530A Soundbar) supports DTS. But when I play a MKV with DTS track (after enabling pass trough DTS), all sound of the player stops working. Even for files or streaming that normally works. Only a power reset restores the sound on the system after that.

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
Hello Dirkjan,

Did you connect it right into your Soundbar or through your TV and using Audio Return?

Gr, Jeremy

Dirkjan

• View Profile
Hi Jeremy,

I am directly connecting the Cood-e to my soundbar with HDMI in and from there with HDMI out to my TV. This works fine for most video files. Dolby Digital also works correctly, I can see that on my soundbar info. But not DTS.

I also tried using audio return, but that does not work for DTS either and it turns the Dolby Digital into 2 channel audio.

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
Hi Dirkjan,

DTS works here without any problem on passthrough, so it could be some setting anyway in the COOD-E.
Please make sure: http://forum.cood-e.com/index.php?topic=37.0 these steps are done.

It should work..

Gr, Jeremy

Sidney2g

• View Profile
Hi Jeremy, I don't own a sound bar and I have no intention of buying one are there any third party add-ons that will enable me to play the other files?
Can I install a codec? What should my files be encoded in for it to work?
I have another KODI Android box and this functions flawlessly, however it's just not as slick as your product as it boots into android first. I was hoping to recommend this product to my family but in its current state I'm unable to.
Any ideas?
Cheers,  :(

aln

• View Profile
Hi all,

Just got my cood-e few days ago and I was very happy with it as I had enough from my apple tv.
That's until I realised that half of my videos I need to watch with out audio as I get this "codec not supported" warning.
Well this is really lame, I was hoping that cood-e will be my last media player for the coming few years, but the way it looks now it will go back.

Is there any chance to solve this soon?

Thanks