Author Topic: CEC + Remote Control + restart  (Read 4810 times)

tuk

• View Profile
CEC + Remote Control + restart
« on: August 02, 2015, 02:03:57 AM »
Hi!
Just bought a Cood-E TV and really liking it so far while i work out how it all works :)

I have some questions:
1) How do i enable CEC on the Cood-E? On my TV it's enabled, and it used to work fine with my old WD TV Live media box
2) Quite often, say 10-20%, a key press on the remote control doesn't seem to register, while sometimes it registers 4 clicks at a time. I point it quite directly towards the Cood-E. It makes the device feel a bit unresponsive. Is this a known issue?
3) Might be a stupid question, but here goes: how do i restart/reboot the device? Some add-ons ask this, but it is unclear to me how to do this. Pulling the power plug every time i need a reboot seems a bit of a hassle.
4) Is it intended design that the ports on the device are a bit recessed into the device itself? I have tried 3 different HDMI-cables but all of them are very picky when it comes towards processing the signal from the Cood-E towards my TV. A slight movement of the devices makes my TV loose HDMI signal...

Some bugs/weird things:
1) In the Get Add-ons section, what are "Kodi CZ & SK Doplnky" and it's deprecated XBMC-counterpart? I can't uninstall them, as they reinstall themselves back every time, even the one that says it's deprecated and should be uninstalled.
2) The add-on "Install Add-ons by language" has an update available, but it doesn't update. Well it does, but then it says there's still an update available... at any rate it doesn't go away from the "Available Updates"-section.

Any help would be appreciated! Regards;
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 10:52:09 AM by tuk »

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
Re: CEC + Remote Control + restart
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 08:27:18 AM »
Hi Tuk,

1. CEC not supported at this time, we found out dat many CEC TV's get issue's with a device with android on the back, so we waiting for AMLOGIC (Chipset maker) to fix this together with the Samsung/LG etc developers, we just have to wait sorry.
2. This could only be in addon's, because addon's are loading etc, but in the main navigation menu you can test it, it should work fine there.
3. Full reboot, yes pull out the power plug, but fully rebooting should not be needed.
4. Could be the cable's, we do not have this issue on our test players, so i can't say whats the problem but i would suggest to use a gold plated HDMI cable, these HDMI cable's have a bit more paint on the HDMI port (cause thats what a gold plated hdmi cable is) that should fit a bit better.

1. Default ADDON, can't be removed correct.
2. Default "KODI" bug, are checking into.
Don't forget to smile everyday.

tuk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 01:48:33 PM »
Thanks for the answers!
Sadly the remote missings/double registrations are throughout the entire UI (also main menu) and my HDMI cable is already gold plated, and reboots ARE necessary after installing some add-ons. Besides, it never hurts just to be able to reboot a device every now and then, just like Android phones, pc's, laptops..

I was thinking about returning this device since it feels unfinished and it can't do some things my 4 year-old WD TV could but sadly the store were i bought it doesn't accept this.

Guess i'm stuck with it! Luckily it has a lot of possibilities because of the available add-ons and by now i got most of the things i want/need working, albeit a bit buggy/funky.

I wish you guys all the luck and thank you in advance for the continued (firmware) development and support with this device! Regards.

Update: remote control registrations are better now. Maybe it was just still initializing for quite a while so it responded slower. About the rebooting, i heard you guys are considering it in a future update, great! The cable is still a bit unstable but if i just don't touch the device, it's okay :) Still the only really sad thing is that CEC is probably not going to happen on this device :( it's one of the features i really expect on a modern media box!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 08:44:16 PM by tuk »

1ER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 08:23:54 PM »
Hello All,

Today my ordered COOD-E came in. I found out that CEC is not working >:( >:(
If I new that before I never bought this player.
But what is even worse is that when I plug in the HDMI cable, all CEC communication between other devices is been lost.
Is there at least a solution for that?

Thanks and regards,

Ed.

tuk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 08:19:50 AM »
Jeremy, any news on 1) CEC, 2) restart option from software or 3) the COOD-E keyboard?
We'd love to hear about it! :)

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 08:46:19 AM »
1) No, nothing to tell about this :)
2) Working on it atm
3) I just got working samples, so we checking into finalizing it, need some FW adjustments also.

Hopefully next week i have more information.

Gr, Jeremy
Don't forget to smile everyday.

tjeerdoo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 10:31:14 PM »
Any updates on the CEC issue?
I also lost all cec communication  >:(
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 10:34:10 PM by tjeerdoo »

tuk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 11:58:57 PM »
Well they've been working on a restart function for half a year now :D so i'm afraid CEC is not gonna happen!

tuk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 10:06:45 AM »
... Bump? :)