Author Topic: No need for Isengard anymore.!  (Read 6226 times)

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
No need for Isengard anymore.!
« on: November 29, 2015, 11:53:06 PM »
Hi,

After more then 6 weeks of waiting and hoping for news from the Cood-e devolopers regarding the update to Kodi Isengard I didnt wanted to wait anymore so I did it myself..!
And WOW I should have done that weeks ago...what a difference !!
My Cood-e box is running so smooth, fast, snappie.... It feels like it is twice as fast comparing with helix 14.2 !
Used it all day and haven't run in to any bugs or problems ;-)
Will test for 2 more days to make sure It didn't fuck up my cood-e and if it still is running like it does now  I will post download links and a how to.. For everyone that's interested...

Greets Coert
Believe in yourself because if you don't no one does..!!

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
Re: No need for Isengard anymore.!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 01:45:21 AM »
Also before on 14.2 helix I (there was) a problem with the number off used cores with the cood-e box and also the CPU always had a extremely core load (almost 80% load all the time)
Now running on Kofi Isengard all 4 cores are used by Kofi and the average CPU load now is not more the 35% (45% when streaming a 1080p 3D movie) and that's about what I would expext from a quadcore CPU that only has to deal with running Kodi and Android in the background..

tuk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 08:14:39 AM »
Great job Coert, exciting news!

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 08:39:11 AM »
Also before on 14.2 helix I (there was) a problem with the number off used cores with the cood-e box and also the CPU always had a extremely core load (almost 80% load all the time)
Now running on Kofi Isengard all 4 cores are used by Kofi and the average CPU load now is not more the 35% (45% when streaming a 1080p 3D movie) and that's about what I would expext from a quadcore CPU that only has to deal with running Kodi and Android in the background..

When installing APK files it will ask more for the CPU, this means it activates the 4 core, like said in your other topic, i explained why :D

Btw, if you installed KODI 15.0 through the "confuence skin" with google play and update kodi, i would not advise, we tested it also, it bricked our unit.

Also, we can't give any guarantee's on stability of the player and ofc, missing some functionality's
Don't forget to smile everyday.

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 09:20:21 AM »
About cores that's not true because i can see the number of cores used while streaming and I run isengard aside of your cood-e helix 14.2 and when I monitor the cores on the cood-e version it runs on 2 cores with very high CPU load (80% all the time) and when stream the same 1080p 3d film it uses all 4 and the total load is around 40% CPU load ..
So what your saying isn't true .
Also the the whole UI is so much smoother and everything is just loading so much faster.
And I can also uses the special Cood-e settings menu and can enter the recovery mode..

I didn't uninstall your helix version because I run isengard a side from cood-e version so can use both (if I would want to)

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 09:55:13 AM »
And just for the record, I didn't install through confluence skin  :D
It doesn't even start up anymore in Cood-e it boots up in android (but can also boot in Cood-e)
O did I all ready say that its rooted now  :P
But that's not something I'm going to put on the forum here in a tutorial because it doesn't need to be rooted to run isengard..
Did that just because I could  :P

tuk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 10:56:54 PM »
About cores that's not true because i can see the number of cores used while streaming and I run isengard aside of your cood-e helix 14.2 and when I monitor the cores on the cood-e version it runs on 2 cores with very high CPU load (80% all the time) and when stream the same 1080p 3d film it uses all 4 and the total load is around 40% CPU load ..
So what your saying isn't true .
Also the the whole UI is so much smoother and everything is just loading so much faster.
And I can also uses the special Cood-e settings menu and can enter the recovery mode..

I didn't uninstall your helix version because I run isengard a side from cood-e version so can use both (if I would want to)

If this is indeed true, i find it rather worrying that the Cood-E developers haven't figured this out yet! Reaaally looking forward to the official Isengard update with 4 cores!

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 09:59:12 AM »
@Tuk,

Of course we were aware of this, as we are about many other thing. The Cood-E hardware isn’t used to its full potential obvious under Helix 14.2. We have been testing 15.x in Alpha stage, and are now migrating to BETA. I for one would love to have the 15.x officially out now however we have many things to consider. We have many Cood-E TV out there at the home of novice users, that probably never heard of Kodi until they bought our Cood-E TV. For enthusiast and tweakers like Coert and you, of course you want ASAP to upgrade your device. As you have discovered by yourself now (with Coert his help) the performance of the 15.x on the Cood-E TV are far better than the current installation, to our opinion better as expected.

Using just 2 cores and have a load of 80% this is acceptable, the design was initially build to work on 2 cores and we were aware of this. We have inside a cooling platter to make sure when having a 75%+ load, the device will not overheat. With 15.x indeed we will have full usage of all 4 cores and the overall performance of the Cood-E TV will improve

I hope you understand we need follow some procedures before releasing a new update to the public. Having that said, we will now do 2 weeks of BETA testing and hopefully we will have before of the end of this year a final version that we release to the public.
Don't forget to smile everyday.

tuk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 11:32:27 AM »
@ Jeremy, thanks a lot for this information! It's really 'geruststellend' :)! I think you guys are doing a really good job at maintaining this device and communicating about the developments behind it. Keep up the good work!

aln

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 12:28:12 PM »
We have many Cood-E TV out there at the home of novice users, that probably never heard of Kodi until they bought our Cood-E TV.

I doubt that, I bet most users are geeks  ;)

aquerido

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 04:29:34 PM »
@ Jeremy, that would be a wonderfull Christmas present for the users!
Keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 06:11:18 PM »
Hi,

Well everything runs great an can still use all the extra coode functions...
BUT..!

I'm not going to put a tutorial here in the forum because coode crew is also almost finished and is trying to release before end of the year ... I feel it wouldn't be fair to put it here on the forum while they are working so hard to get the job done and if you'll do it my way it isn't a media streamer any more but it will become a android TV box and that isn't what the coode team was trying to achieve when putting this box on the market..

Turk and aln I've sent you a PM with instructions so you can try 15.x and for the Others I think you have to wait for Coode crew ...

Greets coert

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 06:14:34 PM »
Oh Tuk and Aln you van do most of it with the remote but i recommend using a mouse for it because that's much easier... ;D

aln

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2015, 01:32:59 AM »
well, I'm not sure if isengard is using 4 cores as cores 2 and 3 looks always very stable and very low while cores 0 and 1 are doing all the work. But cores 0 and 1 are MUCH less stressed compared to Helix!

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2015, 12:43:25 PM »
It uses then just try streaming a 1080p 3d movie and press the option button on your remote ...