Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 1886 times)

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
Hi everyone
« on: October 24, 2015, 10:46:48 PM »
Well my name is Coert and I'm from the Netherlands.

3 days ago I wrecked my other box (its in a hard brick now) so I needed a new media player to run Kodi.
I went to the store because I didn't want to buy one online and wait for 2 or 3 days before it would be delivered.
In the store the had several models but I liked the price but most of all I liked the size and the looks of the Cood-e box...
I've played with this box for a day or 2 now and in the beginning I wasn't really impressed by it.
First day it was buffering and really buffering a lot, every movie and serie it was buffering but after some chances in kodi and after I've added some advanced settings I must say that I really like it !!
It really loads every stream In a heartbeat now, no buffering and videos have a really clear image...
So for now I'm really happy with this little fucker...

Greets Coert
Believe in yourself because if you don't no one does..!!

tuk

• View Profile
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 01:49:04 AM »
Good to hear! Strange you had to change advanced settings for the buffering to disappear! When i play content from my local network, everything always loads within a second! (wired connection)

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 02:25:11 AM »
Ive got multiple boxes and I had to set advanced setting on all of them to run, load an stream without problems...
The only real issue I still encounter is the weird CPU load its so freaking high...and its only using 2 of the 4 cores so maybe that's the problem of the high loads... Bu as far as i know it should use all 4 cores.

tuk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 08:54:32 AM »
About the cores.. i had a strange thought: when you see the stats about RAM and CPU usage, the 2 cpu cores that show up are at the far bottom of the screen. What if the other cores are simply 'cut off' by the GUI's bottom edge?

Aside from that, imo RAM and CPU-usage should be lower than the are right now when the cood-e is idling!

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 04:25:32 PM »
Well I rebooted the device multiple times (standby and by taking out the power cord)
And its only showing 2 cores but each time different cores.
First is was cpu0 & cpu3 second time cpu0 & cpu2 so I'm pretty sure it runs on only 2 of the 4 cores..
The load is far to high when its in idle ...
With my other boxes I always see all cores and switch on logging I also see just 2 cores running

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 10:53:51 PM »
Update:

The Xiaomi mibox pro enhanced isnt in bricked anymore 8
Ive managed to unbrick my Xiaomi... After some research in managed to install original Chinese firmware image by SD ...
So like I always say ,

"Nothing is impossible you just have to believe...

benben97

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 09:17:37 AM »
Hi Coert, my mibox enhanced MDZ-09-AA is bricked too .. I have done a lot of ways try to unbrick it, but I still can't manage to do so. I first did like this http://en.miui.com/thread-137205-1-1.html
I got it successfully import the Minix X8h PLus image into the box however tv shows no signal at all. So i tried to import the image again through usb burning tool, but it keeps failing at uboot partition initialize .. Can you help me..? Is there any way to unbrick the mibox or any way can ido to flash the official firmware into the box.

P.S. i could not enter into recovery mode too .