Author Topic: Stopped reading hard drive  (Read 853 times)

Anaconda

• View Profile
Stopped reading hard drive
« on: March 29, 2016, 09:14:41 PM »
Yo guys,
For a while now, this little box has been working like a charm and I've loved my experience with it, however, for literally no reason at all it's stopped reading the hard drive with all my media on it. The drive is read by my laptop and I can play, copy and delete media from it, so I know it's not an issue with that. I've done a factory reset, but still having the same issues on the official firmware 1.2.5.

It makes no sense, and is very frustrating. Does anyone know how I might be able to fix it?

FURTHER INFO:
The drive is connected straight into the COOD-E box
In the 'Add Source' menu, this drive USED to be SDA2, but for some reason, now it's SDA1, and just shows an empty list, when I go into it.
If I plug in a thumb drive with a TV show, on, it shows up fine (SDA1), so the issue is somewhere in the link between the hard drive and the COOD-E, but I can't think of anything that's causing the problem.

The box hasn't been rooted, and is running official firmware.

EDIT:
On further testing, if I plug in the hard drive to my laptop and run Kodi on there, then set up UPNP to the COOD-E device, then everything works fine. This is really strange and I might as well just be plugging the laptop into the TV and get €99 back from the store.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:56:30 PM by Anaconda »