Author Topic: No sound  (Read 9901 times)

oerli

• View Profile
No sound
« on: June 21, 2015, 04:46:00 PM »
In the "android" system I can hear keyclick sounds through hdmi on my TV. From Kodi, nothing but silence. Tried all sound settings, but it does not work. Please help.

magicnl

• View Profile
Re: No sound
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 12:25:37 AM »
Here is a possibility fix; Play a random movie when the movie plays go to audio setting in the movie menu and select enable pass through and scroll down to set as  default for all videos

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 10:26:37 AM »
In the "android" system I can hear keyclick sounds through hdmi on my TV. From Kodi, nothing but silence. Tried all sound settings, but it does not work. Please help.

Hi Oerli,

When you are in KODI, do you have sound there?
Did you connect it trough a amp or directly on your TV?

Gr, Jeremy
Don't forget to smile everyday.

Broe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 07:13:12 PM »
I have the same problem. Sound or no sound is very unpredictable.
My COOD-E is directly connected to the TV (Philips). I tried all combinations but for some movies it doesn't work. It seems to depend on the format (Dolby or DTS) but I don't know for sure. My movies are mostly in mkv format and stored on an external disk via USB.

It is not stable so I hope we can have a solution on short notice.

Thanks
Henri

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 08:40:41 AM »
Hi Broe,

DOLBY - DTS is not supported, so it is correct that this does not work on downmixing.
As the COOD-E box is mainly for streaming purposes with addon's DTS / DOLBY is not used.

If you want playback from NAS, PC, HDD, and use DOLBY or DTS, you need to activate passtrough.
and connect the COOD-E to a AMP.

Gr, Jeremy

Broe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 10:35:41 AM »
Hi Jeremy,

Most of the new movies use HD and DOLBY or DTS. My previous (old) mediaplayers were all perfectly capable of downmixing DOLBY or DTS to the 'simple' 2 channel format of my TV. At least, I had never any problems with audio.
The COOD-E is positioned as a media player in the Netherlands and to me that means that besides streaming, it must be perfectly capable of playing 'modern movies'. Anyway, that's why I bought it.

Does it now mean that I can not use it anymore or is it likely that in the near future DOLBY and DTS are supported for downmixing?

Gr - Broe

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 11:01:15 AM »
Hi Broe,

Where did you buy the COOD-E TV in the Netherlands? Because it should not be positioned as a mediaplayer, but a an TV Streaming Box.

Because KODI does support streaming, like a Mediaplayer, you can use it in this way.
But, DOLBY / DTS needs to be on passtrough, so trough a AMP or your TV must support DTS/DOLBY, then it will work / play.

Gr, Jeremy

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 08:46:49 AM »
Hi Broe,

We will try and contact them, but bol.com showing "XBMC/Kodi-streaming device" and thats correct.
I do see they added it to mediaplayer catagorie, but lack of a correct catagorie.

Of course i do understand that this can cause confusion, but we cannot be responsible for information on websites from dealers.

We will advise them to correct it.

To use DTS and DOLBY you need to set settings to passtrough and your TV needs DTS/DOLBY license OR connect trough AMP with these licenses.

Gr, Jeremy

tamasp

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 07:49:27 PM »
Also the pasthrough option activated through my Denon X7200 is not working, no sound at all from dolby or dts.

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 09:07:35 AM »
Hi Tamasp,

Please make sure the AMP is able to recieve the signal.
- Make sure to have V1.1.2 installed (connect player to Internet and update will pop-up).
- Turn on a movie
- Press the OK button, COOD-E will show the Play, Pauze etc, go to the TOP.
- Select AUDIO
- Enable Passthrough here.

Regarding the update, if Popup will now show, go to Setting -> General -> Other -> Select UPGRADE.
Or from the Homescreen go to the TOP -> System -> Check for upgrades.

neoandersom

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2015, 05:17:25 PM »
Hi there, I seem to have the same problem. Connected the cood-e to the TV and no sound except when in the android menu. I chose this player because I've been a long time user of XBMC on different platforms; pc/mac/appletv/xbox etc. Every file played without a problem. Now i have the cood-e, with Kodi, which is xbmc and you're telling me for the first time in years i have to buy an amp to get it to work? Btw, tried the passthrough option, doesn't help.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 05:19:16 PM by neoandersom »

neoandersom

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2015, 02:37:30 PM »
Never mind, returned it. I will look for a better kodi mediaplayer.

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2015, 08:19:18 AM »
Hi Neoandersom,

Clicking sound can be activated in KODI itself, its just a KODI function.
Default is off, you can activate it in settings..

Gr, Jeremy

Agil1ty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2015, 11:09:14 PM »
Sound also doesnt work for me since the 1.2.0 update... rediculous... Somehow you guys changed something which completely screwed over the perfectly fine working product. I hope you guys will release (A) a a fix or (B) a way to downgrade the device to 1.1 firmware...