Author Topic: Only 2 cores available  (Read 5735 times)

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
Only 2 cores available
« on: October 26, 2015, 08:26:37 PM »
Hi Cood-e team

I've got a guestion,
This Cood-e box has a real nice chip set inside but it only uses 2 of the 4 cores that are available...
I paid €100,- for this box and don't get me wrong because that's a really fair price for a box with these specs.
I had only 1 must have when I was searching for a new box, it had to have a quadcore with a min. Of 1.5Ghz processor..
So I was really happy when I found the cood-e but if I buy something with 4 cores I want to use 4 cores not just 2 of the 4 cores.!!!
So my question to you guys is, what can you (we) do to fix this problem?
And I must say I really feel misled by the way you advertise cood-e..

Greets Coert.

P.s.I've got one more thing I wanted to ask you Guy's,
It only runs kodi on android so why do you need 3.8gb of internal space for that ?
Ive also complied a few roms In the past but I never complied one of 3.8gb even Samsung roms Including CRAPWIZ skin/launcher and all crappy no use  preinstalled firmware things arent more then 2.5gb ?
But OK I can live with that because cood-e still plays everything really smooth and beside the fact it runs on half captivity of the quadcore CPU I really like the cood-e box so I really hope youre going to fix this for me... Because you've locked the box you are the only ones who can fix this (or update kodi to 15.2)

Hope to hear from you soon ...
Greezt Coert.
Believe in yourself because if you don't no one does..!!

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
Re: Only 2 cores available
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 10:59:20 AM »
Hi,

4 cores are used, but the KODI will only show 2 on system.
But all are used! it is managed in the android part.

We working on update to V15.2, but as we modify it to work perfect with the hardware, we can't just step over very simple.

Regarding the space, this started with a clean android (also modified version in the end) as all layers needs to be stable.

We have some files / APK's installed, to benefit the stability and OTA etc.
(There is also space used for a backup, we have a recovery file on the memory ;) )

Most brands need a USB stick to recover the player, but we have one on internal memory.
Don't forget to smile everyday.

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 12:56:19 PM »
Hi,
Well its not running on all cores because my CPU load sometimes run up to 80% total also it switches core0 is always running but the cores 2 and 3 are switching every time I reboot and taken out the powercord
And when I read back the log it specifically saying it failed to load 2 cores so only 2 cores available
I also got 2 other boxes and I installed 14.1 helix in both of them to.. When I check the CPU loads and number of cores on them kodi  shows all 4 cores also when im reading back the log of the 2 other boxes kodi is loading cpu0,1,2 and 3.
So I have to disagree when you're saying it does run on all cores but it only shows 2 of them ...

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 03:32:52 PM »
Hi,
Well its not running on all cores because my CPU load sometimes run up to 80% total also it switches core0 is always running but the cores 2 and 3 are switching every time I reboot and taken out the powercord
And when I read back the log it specifically saying it failed to load 2 cores so only 2 cores available
I also got 2 other boxes and I installed 14.1 helix in both of them to.. When I check the CPU loads and number of cores on them kodi  shows all 4 cores also when im reading back the log of the 2 other boxes kodi is loading cpu0,1,2 and 3.
So I have to disagree when you're saying it does run on all cores but it only shows 2 of them ...

You say the other 2 are manager bij Android well OK it could be that android does use all 4 but the main problem is Kodi  isn't using them because it fail to load 2 cores and there for kodi only has 2 available cores, and besides for Kodi we can't use the android for anything else..

Conclusion we have a quadcore but we cant benefit from it in kodi because kodi can only load 2 of the 4 cores
And kodi is the mean reason we bought the cood-e box in the first place ...

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 12:06:23 AM »
Will check with our engineers to verify everything how its solved, as i know by default it cant handle, but we have very smart engineers.

Will ask them if they can show all 4 cores in the software.
Do you have any performance issues?

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 02:28:53 AM »
Hi...

Well i know it can handle 4 cores because I've got 2 other boxes and the do show all 4 cores...
Kodi is saying in the logfile it has only got 2 available..
Also my CPU load sometimes is running very high approximately 75 procent total load when idle.. And thats not normal for a quadcore...
Don't encounter problems when watching a film but it shouldn't be that high and I have qaudcore so then I also want to use all 4 and not just 2...

Greets coert

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 10:53:32 AM »
Hi Coert,

What version of KODI are those other 2 boxes running?

Gr, Jeremy

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 04:03:15 PM »
Hi

I've got a X9 and I also have a Xiaomi MiBox pro enhanced 3rd gen (Chinese version)
One used to run kodi 15.2 RC3 (Xiaomi) the other one 14.1 (X9)
I've installed 14.1 on the Xiaomi to just to double check...
But The Xiaomi has run on all versions (Helix, Isengard and Jarvis) of kodi...why?
Haha omdat het kan ;-p...

(Is der misschien een mogelijkheid voor mij om 15.2 stable te kunnen installeren zodat ik kan kijken wat de cood-e dan doet ivm de CPU)

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 05:03:54 PM »
Ok, we will check.

Haha omdat het kan ;-p...

(Is der misschien een mogelijkheid voor mij om 15.2 stable te kunnen installeren zodat ik kan kijken wat de cood-e dan doet ivm de CPU)

Helaas niet

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2015, 07:00:19 PM »
Thanks...i just got a message of you Guy's regarding testing the beta version so maybe we can first try that, maybe the problem regarding the number of used cores and the CPU load is gone/or fixed when updated to your firmware beta...

(Of zeg ik nu hele rare dingen haha)

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2015, 10:22:22 PM »
This is a picture of kodi log file where it shows that it only has 2 cores available
And a picture of the used cores and the abnormal high cpu loads...

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2015, 10:25:13 PM »
Pic 2

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 08:31:45 AM »
Hi Coert,

We did some testing the past days regarding your comment to the cores.
This we did after we had some information from AMLOGIC (Chipset maker).

The QUADCORE is dynamic, it will shut down 2 cores when its not needed and turn them on IF it is needed.
(this is managed by the android backend), for example, when booting up from being fully off it will show 4 cores, after fully booted up it will turn off 2 cores if its not needed at that time.

You can test it very easy, turn off the box completely and start it up, start up a 1080p movie right away from like local or network and check CPU again, you will see 4, but during the time the apps are loaded in the background, it will turn off 2 cores while using the player, and if more power is needed, other 2 will turn on.

Please see attached photo showing the 4 cores, or test it yourself :)

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 09:29:59 AM »
No because if Kodi hasn't got all 4 cores available when starting up the first time it can't activate the other 2 it stays on just the 2 cores.
If it has all 4 available when powering on and starting up kodi with all 4 cores then it can shut down 2 off them when not needed and activate them ones again when I does..

But because it starts up whit only 2 cores available it doesn't see the other 2 cores and therefore it can't activate them and result is the high overall CPU load 80%
If it could start the other 2 the CPU wasn't running 80% load all the time would it ?

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2015, 09:30:45 AM »
Its not a problem if your hardware because that's really great its a software problem of your Kodi build