Author Topic: Kodi update ?  (Read 11742 times)

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
Kodi update ?
« on: October 24, 2015, 10:54:44 PM »
Hi,

I wanted to know if the Cood-e will be updated to Kodie 15.2 (stable) anytime soon.?
Because its a really nice box but I could be so much more with kodi 15.2 running on it.
Kodi 15.2 runs so much better and smoother than Kodi 14.1 and anytime soon a lot of addons will not support helix anymore I encounters a few all ready...(Wont mention them here because the are third party addons)

Hope you are working on a update to 15.2 and roll it out any time soon...;-)

Greets Coert
Believe in yourself because if you don't no one does..!!

tuk

• View Profile
Re: Kodi update ?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 01:47:45 AM »
Agreed! This would be very much appreciated, but i know you guys over at Cood-E are probably already working on it :)

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 02:10:40 PM »
 :-X no awnser from the Cood-e team...hmmm .. I ques its not going to happen anytime soon ?

tuk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 06:56:35 PM »
They usuallly respond quite fast, but the forum has been quiet for a while so maybe they're checking less often :)

sikkel1961

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 09:14:16 PM »
Try the Facebook page for this question !!!!

sikkel1961

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 09:22:14 AM »
Beste John,

Wij werken continu aan het verbeteren van de software en de gebruikerservaring van de COOD-E TV.

Wat betreft het Forum hier zal intern besproken worden hoe er sneller gereageerd kan worden.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Team COOD-E

Jeroen

• TEAM COOD-E
  • Life is Like a box of Chocolate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 09:48:25 AM »
Hi All,

We always try to answer the questions as fast as possible, and mainly Jeremy is taking care of all the answers.

He is  the most busy guy in the COOD-E Team and he wasn't able to answer as quick as normal, sorry for that!  :-[
So I'll be here to support Jeremy and help answering all the questions as soon as possible.

Regarding updates, we use a modified version of Kodi on the COOD-E TV, and we're working on some new changes. At the moment I can't tell if we change to the new Kodi 15.2 or 16 soon, but will update asap.

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 01:09:35 PM »
Hi,

If you're going to update I prefer Isengard 15.2 stable instead of Jarvis as I have 2 other boxes here 1 with isengard and 1 with Jarvis (last nightly , I update every time theres a new nightly) I started with kodi Gotham and winds then I used all versions but the best kodi used I by far isengard 15.2 .
And helix is getting outdated I all ready found several incompatible addons so please make update your first priority because it really is frustrating because we arnt possible to do the update ourselves... So we have to Riley on you...

Greets coert

Jeroen

• TEAM COOD-E
  • Life is Like a box of Chocolate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 04:55:56 PM »
We're working on an update for the software as well on the Keyboard remote.

There were some small details that caused a delay in the production of the Keyboard, but we don't want to make crapy things, so hopefully it will arrive before holiday season.

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 10:10:35 PM »
Hi,
About the update i wanted to ask the cood-e team if they want to consider doing the Cood-e users a really huge favour ...
I allthoug i think I speak for all the cood-e user out there would love to see our box get updated , and no I'm not talking about kodi update but we would love to seee the Cood-e get updated to android 5.0

Please don't say no right after reading my request but think about it and discusse it with all the members of your team...

« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 12:49:25 AM by Coert »

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2015, 12:13:26 AM »
Hi Coert,

We working on kodi 15.2
But regarding android 5, we need AMLOGIC (chipset maker) to fix it for this chipset, as they working on new chipsets for 5.0, i don't think they will do this anytime soon.

Also, we will focus on kodi 15.2 more, its more important atm.

But will check with amlogic what is possible and if they planning anything (it also needs to be stable ofc) so its not only, yes we can do 5.0 on the s805 chipset, but it must be stable
Don't forget to smile everyday.

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2015, 02:39:52 AM »
date 4-feb-2015,

Android 5.0 lollipop for its latest processors including AMLogic S802, S805 and S812. It is nice to see AMLogic releasing latest SDK to its Android PCs and tablet processors. Also with the release of Android 5, the company has extended the life of its SoC .

That's all ready available... And I know what I'm talking about when it comes to android...
I'm a senior member @xda developers for over 5 years now...

tuk

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2015, 10:44:12 AM »
Also, regarding CEC-functionality, you said we needed AMLOGIC for that as well. But when i google around for Android streaming boxes with the same CPU as the Cood-E, many list CEC as part of their functionality.

What gives?

sikkel1961

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2015, 01:47:30 PM »
At this moment the COOD-E plays smooth and stable, so be patient and the upgrades will come soon as the developers find it good to update the old version.

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2015, 04:08:33 PM »
Far as I could see cood-e has the ability for cec only its not enabled I think its somehow missing some software/drivers for it .
Log says its wants to enable cec but can't strat/run it for sons reason...
But how am I ...I'm just a noob ;-)