Author Topic: Kodi update ?  (Read 15014 times)

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
Re: Kodi update ?
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2016, 04:17:40 PM »
Coert,
Thanks for the feedback. I will factory reset mine later.
BTW, weren't these issues present or identified during the beta test phase?

Regards,
Art

Hi Guys!

We investigating it as we speak.

For now, i would advise if you want to see 15.2 in the settings menu to make a backup for settings and addons throught he backup addon:

Backup guide:
http://forum.cood-e.com/index.php?topic=59

You can also install the backup again so all addons and settings are back.

Ofc, it is running 15.2, so its only one text showing something wrong.
The reason its showing, because COOD-E automatically backups the firmware to a reserved spot in the flash memory, so when reinstalling, its installing without any files in "use" so they can be replaced at anytime.

I guess this is a file in use that couldn't be overwritten.
But we investigating it and will fix it.
Don't forget to smile everyday.

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2016, 05:14:44 PM »
As i was saying if there is a way its by backing up library...  ;D thanks for sharing the link really usefull  ;D

Why don't we try to use trakt.tv addon?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Trakt

It can sync watched stuff across all devices and has mobile apps too (i.e. iTV Shows for iOS that is capable of syncing with trakt.tv)

Haha im using trakt for the past 2 months now... And didn't know or noticed it could do that.   The reason I'm using trakt is only because 2 addons I use were saying that the add on worked better if u signed in and would use your trakt account ..haha... Until now I didn't had a clue what a fucking trakt account was... Lol.;-p
Believe in yourself because if you don't no one does..!!

sirwimpyix

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2016, 05:31:28 PM »
See, you never stop learning  ;D ;D ;D

Haven't installed it myself yet. I'm going to give it a try before doing the latest firmware update.

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2016, 11:12:52 PM »
Coert,
Thanks for the feedback. I will factory reset mine later.
BTW, weren't these issues present or identified during the beta test phase?

Regards,
Art

Hi Guys!

We investigating it as we speak.

For now, i would advise if you want to see 15.2 in the settings menu to make a backup for settings and addons throught he backup addon:

Backup guide:
http://forum.cood-e.com/index.php?topic=59

You can also install the backup again so all addons and settings are back.

Ofc, it is running 15.2, so its only one text showing something wrong.
The reason its showing, because COOD-E automatically backups the firmware to a reserved spot in the flash memory, so when reinstalling, its installing without any files in "use" so they can be replaced at anytime.

I guess this is a file in use that couldn't be overwritten.
But we investigating it and will fix it.
Hey Coode team don't say ofc its running 15.2 when it isn't.!! Just tell the truth and just acknowledge there is a bug in the update ..
There's no Shame in acknowledging youre human and that coode team make mistakes like everybody else..

It wasn't running 15.2 after update because,

1: in system settings it was still showing the Frames Per second and in 15.2 it doesn't do that anymore it only says the resolution and the max screen freq. Like 1920x1080p 60hz and helix is showing the actual fps updated every sec. So its changes the whole time.

2: in android settings-apps-installed u can see that its is indeed running 14.1 helix

3: in the android system root-data-data- well I think you know where this is going... Exactly installed version 14.1

4: some of the settings in the system setting menu can still be changed the way you could in 14.1 and in 15.2 there are some changes made in settings regarding witch settings can be changed and also in the way you can change settings.... For example in the video/audio sync settings it doest give you the option to choose between sync by drop dupe audio, video signal or sync on audio 15.2 you can only choose between sync on or don't sync.

So Coode team please just be honest with us and don't make false statements because this way you will loose the trust and surely the respect of a lot of coode users and loose your credibility as a company as this isn't the first time I have encountered posts like this one..

Greet Coert

Jeremy

• TEAM COOD-E
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2016, 07:56:03 AM »
Coert,

If a factory reset showing 15.2 after, it means the upgrade has been done.
And as said before: We investigating it as we speak, so we need some time.

its a big update

Gr, Jeremy
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 08:15:13 AM by Jeremy »
Don't forget to smile everyday.

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2016, 09:31:00 AM »
Jeremy,

If it was only the tekst that was showing 14.1 it wouldnt have al the same functions in system setting because in 15.2 there are a lot of changes there regarding the Amlogic hardware etc.
But OK I won't go on about it because im sensing you're getting irritated and that wasn't my intention..

Sorry

aquerido

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2016, 09:41:28 AM »
Hey Coode team don't say ofc its running 15.2 when it isn't.!! Just tell the truth and just acknowledge there is a bug in the update ..
There's no Shame in acknowledging youre human and that coode team make mistakes like everybody else..

Dear Coert,

I'm not so sure of that, about not being on 15.2. At least, some addons and stuff that only worked well in Isengard are working fine.
The only issue I'm having is with the IPTV PVR Simple client, which refuses to load, even after a reinstall.
I've checked some things and they are in line with the Isengard release. Some things may however been tweeked by the Cood-E team, thus making it "not so pure" Isengard but a mod or such.
We'd love to get some feedback from the team.

Regards,
Art
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:43:01 AM by aquerido »

THeM1971

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2016, 10:44:32 AM »
Did the update and for me the biggest improvement is the response from the player.

It is now fast and responsive even the movie`s are loading fast now thanks for that.

And the remote is working without no lags.

Regards and keep up the good work