Author Topic: Kodi update ?  (Read 13996 times)

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
Re: Kodi update ?
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2016, 11:11:49 AM »
After factory reset it indeed is running Kodi 15.2
(And luckily Im still able to use the android part of my coode box so playstore and apex are already installed) 
And have to say it rubs smooth so far but... .
The time its showing is wrong its 11:07 but it says the time is 18:08 ...? Can't change it to the correct time..
Believe in yourself because if you don't no one does..!!

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2016, 11:21:31 AM »
Also you mentioned a while ago the update would contain a system reboot function so we didn't have to plug out the power cord every time  without a proper shutdown of the android system.. Can't find the reboot function and really want that function because this was the question isn't if the box is going to brick sometime but when it will brick as a result of rebooting without a proper shutdown of the whole system

aquerido

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2016, 12:17:13 PM »
Coert,
Thanks for the feedback. I will factory reset mine later.
BTW, weren't these issues present or identified during the beta test phase?

Regards,
Art

Anaconda

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2016, 12:57:17 PM »
So I've done the update, but still running Kodi 14.1 (Compiled: Aug 28 2015) - When I go to the update menu it tells me there's no updates available,, probably because I've already downloaded it.

If I do a factory reset, will I have to reinstall addons and mark movies as watched again? I've been using the Backup addon, but if I restore from there, won't it put me back to 14.1 AKA square one?

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2016, 01:11:13 PM »
Hey, aquerido

We didn't had a test run with the Beta version because Cood-e Team was / is running in some problems regarding OTA beta testers updating ...
Personally I would give each beta tester a unique in log code and I would add a link in the update menu named Beta firmware (or something like it) so if the beta is ready for testing we could log in by entering the beta section and log in with our username and unique  in log code the provided...
So I don't really know what problems the are running in to regarding downloading beta firmware for beta testers..
but seems to me it it shouldn't be so difficult if you do it the way I described... Or is it ?
But who am I... I'm just a regular Kodi user..  :-\

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2016, 01:18:00 PM »
So I've done the update, but still running Kodi 14.1 (Compiled: Aug 28 2015) - When I go to the update menu it tells me there's no updates available,, probably because I've already downloaded it.

If I do a factory reset, will I have to reinstall addons and mark movies as watched again? I've been using the Backup addon, but if I restore from there, won't it put me back to 14.1 AKA square one?

Hey,

Its best you install everything fresh and not reinstall your back up because youve updated from Helix to Isengard and then there's a change you will get some errors because Helix and Isengard are quit different....

Anaconda

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2016, 01:21:29 PM »

Hey,

Its best you install everything fresh and not reinstall your back up because youve updated from Helix to Isengard and then there's a change you will get some errors because Helix and Isengard are quit different....
[/quote]

I don't mind re-installing addons etc., but what about all my movies that are marked as watched?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 01:45:03 PM by Anaconda »

Leoje

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2016, 01:31:17 PM »
Hi Coert...
How can i remap the keys of my Remote? In the past i used the volume + to open the subtitle box, the volume - to show movie info and the mute to open superfavourite. With this version i cannot remap the Remote anymore.
When we use opensubtitles and autosubs together, when we open a movie file or any stream it auto show the subtitle box to choose the proper subtitle. It's very util. In this version can't do anymore this.

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2016, 01:32:07 PM »
Euhh.. Well look at it this way, after resetting and installing addons again you've got plenty series and movies you can watch because if you've got to believe Kodi  you haven't seen any of them.. :-\
Haha... Can't do much about that I suppose .. Or there must be a add on that only makes a backup of you're watched stuff... Maby library backup or something like it..
But I don't know if there is or what addon you will need for it sorry... I think you can't do anything about it...

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2016, 01:38:47 PM »
Huh I don't really understand your problem because in settings you can select which addon you want kodi to use as standard subtitleservice for movie as well as TV shows.. And then you set Kodi to auto search subs when playing movie or show.. And if you set settings in kodi so you can select which of the found .SRT file you want it to download Kofi will auto open the subtitle window and you can select the .SRT file it has to download hen opening a stream...

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2016, 01:45:24 PM »
All of this you can do in

System-settings-video-subtitels,

-languages to download subs for,
-dont select "Auto download first subs,
default TV show service (select you're preferred sub addon)
default Movie service (again select your preferred sub addon)

And your ready to go...

Anaconda

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2016, 01:55:53 PM »
Euhh.. Well look at it this way, after resetting and installing addons again you've got plenty series and movies you can watch because if you've got to believe Kodi  you haven't seen any of them.. :-\
Haha... Can't do much about that I suppose .. Or there must be a add on that only makes a backup of you're watched stuff... Maby library backup or something like it..
But I don't know if there is or what addon you will need for it sorry... I think you can't do anything about it...

Thanks Coert - If anyone else is wondering, you can save you're watched status without even needing any addons : http://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2016, 02:01:24 PM »
As i was saying if there is a way its by backing up library...  ;D thanks for sharing the link really usefull  ;D

Coert

• Just do it..!!!
    • View Profile
    • XDA Developers
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2016, 02:13:10 PM »
And one other thing just tried Yatse and its working 100% for me (for now)

Got to go for now but will do some heavy testing of firmware (and yatse) tonight and if coode team havent awnserd any questions on the forum today
Ill do my best to anwser and help you as far as I'm capable of when Ill get home..

For now see you later bitches  :P

sirwimpyix

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2016, 02:53:25 PM »
As i was saying if there is a way its by backing up library...  ;D thanks for sharing the link really usefull  ;D

Why don't we try to use trakt.tv addon?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Trakt

It can sync watched stuff across all devices and has mobile apps too (i.e. iTV Shows for iOS that is capable of syncing with trakt.tv)